MillieWong

Fashion Beauty Food Lifestyle

Maison Ikkoku Review

5.28.2014

Had a craving for pasta and decided to head over to Maison Ikkoku cafe at 20 Kandahar Street S(198885) yesterday for lunch, recommended by Winnie. The cafe had a very soft ambiance with an exterior of a mixture of a bar and cafe which made it somewhat cozy. Especially as you walk further in, the lighting is just so dim and quiet that it gives you a real sense of privacy or that you won't be found while there. Definitely a recommended cafe for goers who loves for some quiet time. The occasional crowd by office goers also goes off pretty quickly. So it's never too packed.  









The cakes and all looked decently appealing and everytime someone enters, they would mostly order take-away coffee or sit for a slice of cake.And some of the cakes were seriously such a large portion which makes me wonder how people can even finish it. So I guess it must really be that good for them to finish up. But after lunch I just didn't get round to having any.




The cafe basically only had brunch till 2pm and served sandwiches all the way after. I didn't really like the idea of that because I usually would like a full meal during lunch ( and b'fast and dinner ) and sandwiches just didn't sound like it was filling enough. But then anyway, I just ordered what seemed to be the most satisfying and filling dish on the menu. So then I had their Spicy Chicken & Cheddar $14.

It looked really appetizing with everything laid the way it did and the salad dressing was just delicious! But then that was the peak of the whole dish for me. I wouldn't say it was really spicy. However, the chicken was way too salty and I only managed to finish one half of the sandwich. It was kinda disappointing because it looked so good! But anyhow, I'm sure maybe there's something better in that menu. But when I ever chance upon it again, I'll update you guys.





Oh! And on a side note.. I really like this place despite the food being overly salty because it isn't so restrictive like all other cafes. If anything, I would always encourage people to go back for their coffee and the fact that if you were eating and your friend brought her own lunch along, IT IS TOTALLY FINE! I mean, how many other cafes can you say does that? So just for those reasons, I would say it's a pretty decent cafe that I wouldn't mind going back to try out their other dishes.




Tag: Maison Ikkoku Review; Maison Ikkoku Cafe



Luv,
Millie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment...