MillieWong

Fashion Beauty Food Lifestyle

Poteato Cafe Review

6.23.2014



Headed to another cafe last weekend for brunch and found Poteato Bistro Cafe along one of those corners at Tiong Bahru. Just beside Fourty Hands. They say that Tiong Bahru is swarmed with cafes but surprisingly when I was there, it was a tad bit difficult to locate any. Well, or at least one that serves proper meals. Places like Fourty Hands and Plain Vanilla don't really have that. Which makes it only good if you're looking for coffee and cakes. But anyway, back to my brunch.














Most cafe's menu looks about the same nowadays. But yet it has a somewhat vintage feel to it which adds to the style of this cafe. I couldn't imagine it being any other way to bring out the right feeling. Especially those brick walls!



At $4 per juice, they actually serve the kind that hotels usually serve. With all the pulp and everything. So I'm definitely loving it. And this below is the Poteato Brekkie for $17. I really love the toast the most. I could probably eat a whole loaf by itself. I'm a bread kinda gal. But adding the egg and mushroom on top of it is just.... amazing... But you'll have to eat it fast while its still hot so that you can fully enjoy the pleasure of it. I love the potaetos as well. The skin is edible and apparently has vitamins in it. But anyway, it all tastes so good. Except that the sausage has to be a tiny bit less salty. But all in all, a good breakfast meal/brunch always makes me feel so happy throughout the day. I'm sure most of you work this way too!



This is The Breakfast Platter for $17 as well. The salad is what I really love the most because it has the kind of sauce I love. Which till now I have no idea what it's called. This is a really filling dish and all 3 sausages just goes well together with their different flavours. I dare say not many cafes have succeded in making me feel like I've eaten decently good food. But this is one that makes me feel like its definitely worth your money. But again, some of the sausages has to be a little less salty. I am not one who loves salty dishes so maybe those who loves salty food may like it though. To each his own.



So that is all I had for my weekend brunch experience. And in case anyone is thinking of heading over for some decent food, you can check out their menu and pricing guide through their site by clicking on the cafe's logo below. 

And just for clearer directions, if you are along Yong Siak St, then you are on the right track. In case you happen to be like me, walking round in circles hoping to find one under the blazing hot sun at almost near noon!! 

Opening hours: 

78, Yong Siak Street, #01-18, Singapore 163078

Tuesdays – Fridays, 12pm – 10.30pm,

Saturdays, 10am – 10.30pm

Sundays, 10am – 9pm.



http://poteato.sg/




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comment...